Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates...

So I have been terrible about blogging recently. I think partially because I feel like I need something profound to write about and partially because life has been so hectic. However, the chaos that is my life is not going to change anytime soon so I just need to devote time to my blog.

I returned home to Kansas a few weeks ago for one of my best friend's wedding of which I was the maid of honor. It was so good to be home and spend time with family and friends and such a blessing to be a part of Rachel's wedding day. To add to the weekend, Kirk went home with me and met my family and friends for the first time. Although I knew everyone would love him, it is nice that they have now met him and have decided themselves what a great guy he is. They all had already noticed a difference in me since he and I started dating...I'm happier and calmer...which is no small feat with my chaotic life as a graduate student. I had no reservations about him meeting some of the most important people in my life because I knew they would see how genuine and authentic he is. He easily won over my dad (Kirk and Dad went to breakfast alone together on Saturday morning while I was fulfilling my maid of honor duties)...again no small feat since I am the only girl and my dad is quite protective of me. My dad is a very good judge of character and I think he his happy that I finally found someone worthy of his "little girl."

Although Kirk and I have "only" been together a little over three months, our relationship is evolved far beyond that time frame. I'm so excited to continue making plans with him and am anxious to see how our relationship will continue to evolve .

No comments: